Friday, June 13, 2008

Sam Raimi Wants to Direct Spider-Man 4

The future of Spider-Man movies isn't so hazy anymore, as Sam Raimi, director of the successful franchise, has told ComingSoon that not only is he interested in returning to the series but that a script for #4 will be done in a few months.

"James Vanderbilt is writing the script and I'm excited to read it. I think it's going to be done in a few months," Raimi told us, adding, "I'm hoping it's as great as our discussions were about it and I'm hoping it feels right for me because I love Spider-Man. I'm hoping I'm well rested enough to embrace it and I'm hoping Sony wants me to do it. If all of those things come together, I would love to do it. There are a lot of unknowns about the future."

This should come as great news for all those people who were scared shitless that Brett Ratner would somehow weasel his way into directing duties.

No comments: